How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In San Francisco
You realize you need to defend your home. Above all else, it offers shelter for your spouse and children and is where you keep your belongings. But what kind of home security is ideal? Figuring out if you should get 24-hour monitoring is one of the primary considerations you must make. Learn more about the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in San Francisco and see what’s right for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s protection connects to a third-party monitoring service that is ready to offer assistance at a moment’s notice. When a door sensor triggers or a smoke detector goes off, your monitoring agents are issued an instant notification. They quickly go to work to confirm the alarm and dispatch the proper emergency professionals.
Conversely, an unmonitored security system doesn’t include a backup team. You could consider this to be self-monitoring, which indicates that if your system is tripped, you must take action to remedy the situation. This choice is the cheaper solution, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In San Francisco
Here’s a short breakdown of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having 24-hour support on your side is always wise. If you are away from home, not awake, or without access to your cell phone, your residence and its inhabitants will still be protected.
- Faster response: Monitoring professionals are always standing by to help. They’ll react more quickly to incidents than you can on your own.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security systems may qualify you for a discount on your home insurance premium.
- Better components and seamless integration: When you get tools, installation, and monitoring from a respected home security expert, you will gain access to a cohesive system with devices that may be of a higher quality than what you will come across yourself.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Cost: You will pay a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Usually required to get a professional install: Many residents would rather have work taken care of by qualified experts, but some might want to do it by themselves.
- Must sign a contract: You will usually have to sign a contract as part of your package. This will be acceptable for most as home security is something you will want for the long haul.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In San Francisco
Here’s a brief rundown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t incur a monitoring charge.
- Self-installation: Do-it-yourselfers could think of this as a pro as they can install the system themselves and circumvent an extra charge. Others may wish to use an experienced technician.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You may incorporate equipment when you desire - and from your choice of manufacturer. Taking that into account, you may find integrating into a seamless system more challenging.
- You’re always in charge: There won’t be anyone else monitoring your alarms. If an emergency takes place, you’re in control of getting help.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What if you’re away from your smartphone and don’t receive a security warning? This circumstance will lead to added stress and less peace of mind.
- Demands your full attention: Since you are the sole person in control, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- No assistance hooking up the system: If you need a helping hand during an installation, you might have to pay for a separate contractor. The installation process is also likely to be slower.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In San Francisco
Get the 24-hour support you deserve with a monitored home security system in San Francisco from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored system is the right solution for you. Dial (415) 966-3602 today to customize your package.