How to Get the Most From A Home Security Cameras In San Francisco
Home security cameras can simply be used as a warning—something that notifies criminals or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to bolster your home’s safety measures.
Luckily, today’s security cameras are outfitted with a plethora of tools all tailor-made to deliver total protection for your family. Whether it’s two-way talk and recording functionality or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion detectors, these features enable you to have the most from video surveillance in San Francisco.
How To Set Up Your San Francisco Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to improving your home security cameras is mounting them in the proper spots around your house. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in high traffic areas such as the kitchen or den. It’s also a great notion to install a camera near main hallways, stairs, or other transitional areas thieves would have to enter through to access the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras should provide a clear view of your porch, driveway, front and patio, shed, and other outdoor isolated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily access a view of your front porch with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are locations inside your house that aren’t quite as important to surveil like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, placing a camera in the vicinity can reduce your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you need a form of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Optimize Video Surveillance
Device location is only the beginning in extracting the most from home security cameras in San Francisco. The features listed below help to maximize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See instant alerts on your mobile device the instant abnormal movement is sensed. You can also configure cameras to start capturing footage when motions are detected which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your security cameras to capture footage and save clips so you can view them later.
- Two-way audio: Most of current security cameras feature a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to speak to people via the device. Through ADT Control, you can make it seem you’re inside or greet your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, gives you a more complete view of what where you want to protect. Look for cameras that have at least 120-degree angle lens or that are able to pan all the way around for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Ensure your security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that will produce video of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more exact, program activity zones. For example, you can configure your outdoor camera to inform you of movement taking place on your yard or your patio and overlook cars passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- App: mobile app, like ADT Control®, empower you to live-stream camera footage, control cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send timely alerts when the see something unusual taking place around your house.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Pulling the most out of your home security cameras in San Francisco is more simple. From rapid motion detection to two-way audio, your home security is elevated from simply a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (415) 966-3602 or submit the form below to begin personalizing your home security system today.