Modern home security options have become more capable every year. But, unfortunately, it doesn't take much to fail to perform easy security chores like turning on your home security, lowering the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
Would you like it if you never had to worry about these chores again? With geofencing in San Francisco, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In San Francisco For your Security System?
Geofencing draws a virtual border around your residence, which you can customize within your smart security app. This convenient tool then uses your phone to determine when you go past the boundary and then triggers pre-programmed actions or notifications.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components utilize to communicate with one another. This innovative approach takes smart home devices further by centralizing all components onto a single network. You are then able to institute specific boundaries around your house and program particular actions if you go past the boundary.
For example, when you leave your driveway, you can program your security system to secure your front and back doors, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing could be set to inform your system to disarm alarms, open the garage, brighten first-floor lights, and even adjust your your home’s comfort levels.
These are several of the technologies you can control with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Various electronics such as speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is just one way to use your home security system in San Francisco. With the mobile app, you can make the most of smart home automation. With just a few taps of the app interface, and you have the opportunity to:
● Enable Scheduling: program your smart components to activate at the times of your choice. Instruct your lighting to dim to tell you that it's time for bed, or deactivate your security alarms when you get up.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make specific equipment engage in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to switch on the fan if a smoke detector trips. Or illuminate your hall’s smart light when your surveillance system senses strange movements in the yard.
● Preprogram scenes: Make scenes featuring various devices that operate in concert with each other. Have your smart bulbs lower, the temperature go down, and the locks engage when the day is done. Or program the system for a movie marathon with preset light and thermostat adjustments.
● Take advantage of geofencing: It's easy to forget to set your alarm system as you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and lower the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in San Francisco
Whether you desire additional reassurance of a completely secure residence whenever you drive away or you would like to take advantage of home automation, geofencing can help. Talk to one of our representatives today at (415) 966-3602 or send in the following form to get started on your perfect security system.