What do you want in a baby monitor in San Francisco?
In the olden days, a baby monitor was quite basic. You place a component with a microphone in close contact to the crib, transmitting sound to a walkie-talkie-looking receiver. However, baby monitors now provide additional benefits. For example, many monitors now offer clear HD video capability and 2-way communication. You can also connect many monitors to Wi-Fi so you can roam wherever you want. The top baby monitors in San Francisco are so advanced that they mimic indoor security cameras in both capabilities and expense.
Can you swap out a baby monitor with a home security camera?
Due to the fact that baby monitors and home defense cameras share many of the same features, you will find numerous residents in San Francisco linking their nursery to their overall home defense. It’s a smart approach -- especially if you’re upgrading to a Vivint smart home -- as your baby monitor now has:
● Night vision video: Your security camera should have at minimum 1080p HD resolution, and infrared LED technology for acceptable viewing of darkened rooms.
● 2-way communications: Now you don’t need to go inside the bedroom to soothe your baby back to a gentle slumber. A comforting word might be the only thing needed to keep bundle of joy asleep.
● Motion sensors: Even though it’s an option to have your surveillance system continuously keep a close eye on your child, your attention may diminish over time. But if your camera notices anything unusual, then you can get a text alert on your phone. This is helpful when the baby soundlessly scales up the crib or if a pet noses into the space.
● Save and send recordings: Many baby monitors don’t record the video. You can now deliver a 20-second clip to a relative or family friend to let them see what a peaceful, precious baby you have.
● Watch on your mobile device: In lieu of having to lug an external monitor with you, you are now able to supervise your little one from your smart home mobile app. You could even say hello to your tot and babysitter if you’re able to get an evening away.