Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in San Francisco? As a general rule, there are three primary areas of your residence for camera installations: your front door, the outside perimeter, and select interior spaces. Even though your installation team will be able to advise where you should install, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Don’t Forget To Protect Your Front Door
Although it might seem absurd that a criminal would make an effort to casually stroll through the front door, 34% of break-ins happen at the front door. There are also porch pirates among other threats to consider. Doorbell surveillance is perfect to manage these concerns with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell cameras are nice as you are able to chat with all guests who come and engage the doorbell. By using your security app, like ADT Control, you have the option to reply to every ring with 2-way talk and live video and appear to be at home. In the event a person attempts something nefarious, you are able to have your video doorbell automatically record a clip and transmit it to your mobile phone with a text message.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your Exterior Cameras
Figuring out where to place home security cameras around your property is a more challenging assignment. Luckily, there are some useful tips to greatly increase the likelihood that you’re well protected.
- Corners of your San Francisco home offer an impressive viewing angle, letting you see two segments of your exterior.
- Position underneath an overhang or directly into a length of trim or siding are ideal locations for surveillance devices as they will be somewhat hidden by blending into your gutterline.
- Above your garage, because the garage door is a more enticing entryway for intruders than you’d think!
- Over a back porch or rear door -- or any entryway that can’t be seen from the street.
In each of these spots, be sure to trim away any overgrown plants or trees that could obscure your view.
Recommendations For Getting The Highest Level of Performance From Your Indoor Video Equipment
You have more options on where to place home security cameras within your home in San Francisco. However, the added versatility does mean there are more factors to think about:
- Beware of Sun Glare: Although it’s wise to be certain your windows are secure, the sunlight through a window may cause glare and affect your video recording. Direct the lens away from direct sunlight to eliminate this problem.
- Use Your Height Advantage: In the same fashion as a watchtower, a video camera located in a high place will provide a wider field of vision. You might situate your cameras at the top of bookcases or attached to a corner or ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your surveillance system will lose its ability to safeguard your home if it’s damaged or destroyed. Place your devices where little ones and house pets can’t interact with them. You might consider mounting or a different method to secure them to ensure they don’t crash to the ground if inadvertently knocked into.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The top surveillance system will fail to be of much use if you’ve got a decorative item or plant blocking the view. But it’s important to note, decor or foliage can also serve as a means to hide your surveillance installation. Just be careful they don’t impede the view!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and security devices, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the right package for your whole house -- defending every square foot. Just call (415) 966-3602 or complete the following form to get started.